Hi! I’m Holly. Welcome to my blog.
Here’s the basics:
1. I’m a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The name of our church refers to the same church organized by Jesus Christ when he was on the earth, and restored to its original power and authority in the modern age (latter-days) on April 6, 1830.
2. I’m a classically trained soprano (which means I ‘sing high’), with a university degree in Vocal Performance. I’ve performed Opera, operetta and musical theater semi-professionally for many decades.
3. I currently sing as a member of the Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square (formerly known as the Mormon Tabernacle Choir).
4. What I love: my family! Hubby Jeff (aka “Mr. Mo”) & our 2 beautiful children – “Daughter A” & “Daughter Bee”… and our brand newly added “Son-in-Law T”. I also have wonderful parents and in-laws, plus a large happy family of siblings + Sibs-in-laws + aunts/uncles, cousins, etc… and all my ‘adopted family’ friends & choir-mates.
I love running (5K, 10K, Half and Full Marathons), hiking, writing, blogging, photography, travel, music (both listening & singing), the University of Utah and Football (Go Utes!), old movies, eating (primarily Plant Based as of 2018), laughing until I cry, and…
…of course getting comments on my blog. … hint, hint 😉
5. What I don’t love: long lines, sad news, swimming (I still have PTSD from seeing the movie JAWS as a child), traffic jams, cleaning bathrooms (yuk!), anything “math”, mosquito bites, and mean people.
This blog was born on November 5, 2007. It’s been a labor of love and my “happy place” for over a decade to share my music, my faith, and thoughts about life which are usually positive, hopefully interesting, sometimes motivational, and often entertaining.
Life is a gift, and it’s better when it’s shared! Come share the journey with me! ♥ – Holly